This is not what I mean by apostrophe : "
I mean when a character in a book is talking to an idea or a person that is not there.
Like "Romeo, Romeo, where for art thou Romeo?"
Why do authors use this method?
What are the benefits?
How does it effect the audience?
Chat on FacebookCome chat on Facebook!
Learn lots more!
- 30 Minute Web Check
- Ask a Question
- Books & Games
- Commas, Colons and Semi-Colons
- Crazy English
- Dot Dot Dot
- FAQ Frequently Asked Questions
- Fridge Magnets
- Humble Apostrophe Video Newsletter
- I Before E except after C when sounding like EEE
- Me, Myself, I
- My account
- Nouns, Verbs, Pronouns, oh my!
- Site Map
- T-Shirts and gifts
- Video Whose or Who’s
- Video: Is embiggen a real word?
- Where, We’re, Wear or Were?
- Word Ending in O